LOOKING IN THE SQUARE

A PICTURE RECORDS A MOMENT IN TIME. It will never return, but we have the picture to cherish

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Our Portulacca garden
.
This little garden had miniature roses which struggled along on the side of the house which gets full sun. However, the roses were never very healthy and this year I made a mistake and accidentally sprayed them with weedkiller diluted with rose spray. They died so I removed them, dug the garden over and planted portulaccas.
.
Now having grown portulaccas before I knew that they loved the heat as they seem to be related to the cactus, and have the loveliest variety of clear, bright colours. The photo above shows our portulacca garden this season.
.
Here is a white portulacca flower. It is about 5 cm wide. I have photos of other colours too but felt that the white flower looked very special.
. (Click on photos to enlarge).

No comments:

Pages

Welcome to my No. 2 blog. Please feel free to comment or join as a follower.







My No.1 blog is at cimba7200.blogspot.co.nz

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
I live in Hamilton, the largest inland city in New Zealand, stretching across both sides of the Waikato River in the North Island, south of Auckland. Visit my other blog at: http://cimba7200.blogspot.com

Kiwiblogs

Sitemeter

Powered By Blogger

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered by Blogger.