LOOKING IN THE SQUARE

A PICTURE RECORDS A MOMENT IN TIME. It will never return, but we have the picture to cherish

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Turtle Lake
At Hamilton Gardens there is a man-made lake called Turtle Lake which was probably named after the copper turtles attached to this rock.
One day Jill and I were walking across a long board walk across the lake and saw a real turtle in the water. I think some wag probably put it there. I haven't seen any more in recent years so it must have died or gone elsewhere.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Pete, ha ha too. Maybe there's a reason they don't move? :-) - Dave

Pages

Welcome to my No. 2 blog. Please feel free to comment or join as a follower.







My No.1 blog is at cimba7200.blogspot.co.nz

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
I live in Hamilton, the largest inland city in New Zealand, stretching across both sides of the Waikato River in the North Island, south of Auckland. Visit my other blog at: http://cimba7200.blogspot.com

Kiwiblogs

Sitemeter

Powered By Blogger

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered by Blogger.