LOOKING IN THE SQUARE

A PICTURE RECORDS A MOMENT IN TIME. It will never return, but we have the picture to cherish

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Windswept tree.
.
A windswept tree clinging to a hill near Wainui Beach at Raglan, North Island, New Zealand.
.
The westerly wind would be the prevailing wind here blowing straight off the Tasman Sea, with little or no protection from the land or other structures, natural or otherwise for this tree. It's variety is not known to me but it looks very much like a Manuka, a native tree of our country.
.

No comments:

Pages

Welcome to my No. 2 blog. Please feel free to comment or join as a follower.







My No.1 blog is at cimba7200.blogspot.co.nz

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
I live in Hamilton, the largest inland city in New Zealand, stretching across both sides of the Waikato River in the North Island, south of Auckland. Visit my other blog at: http://cimba7200.blogspot.com

Kiwiblogs

Sitemeter

Powered By Blogger

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered by Blogger.